Monday, April 4, 2011

Where have I been the past four months?

Rajneesh once said, "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the woman never did. A mother is something absolutely new." There is more truth in that quote alone than any I have ever heard. Sure you think you know how to be a mother while you're pregnant, but you are not until the minute you deliver your child.

As I sit the day after Bentlee turned four months old, I think; where did the past four months go? I'm sure the people on my facebook, along with every close friend in my phone contacts, are tired of seeing all of the pictures and reading/hearing about everything my child is doing. To some it's no big deal because their child has already passed that stage, and to others I'm sure it gives them things to look forward to with their own children. Regardless, I do post three-four pictures and status' every day.

Now, that is not the point to this blog. The point is, where have I been while my baby boy has been growing? Sure, I notice that he knows his name, he can roll from his back to his side, he can hold his bottle, he can find his feet, he is starting to mimic, etc. But what I mean is how is he already four months old? It seems like just yesterday I was finding out I was pregnant, and that was a year ago! Tomorrow is his four month checkup, he gets four month shots soon, why do I not feel like my baby is two months away from being half a year old?

He is changing everyday and it breaks my heart to think soon he will be a year old. He discovers something new everyday, and everyday he is learning and getting smarter. I know every parent says this, but I believe it is true, Bentlee is going to be exceptionally intelligent. I know he is going to go far in life, as long as he has the support he needs. And I promise, I will be behind him every step of the way. Wheather he choses to study mathematics and philosophy or politics and war. Heck he may even decide to become a mechanic, not matter what I am going to be proud of him.

So to my dear Bentlee Jett; you are my sonshine! I never knew how to fully love with every ounce of my heart until the moment I saw your face. I want you to know how much mommy loves you and that amount multiplies every day. I am so happy I am a mother, but I am more happy I am your mother.

"You don't raise heroes, you raise sons.  And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes."  ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment