Monday, April 4, 2011

You've already taught me so much!

So I have wrote a couple blogs about Bentlee, and it occured to me that I haven't once mentioned Briley. That upsets me, because I love that little girl to no end. Being a mother is not an easy job, as I have stated many times. But being a step-mother is even harder. I think that's because you absolutely know your own child loves you, almost no matter what. With your step-children you long for their acceptence and approval. Not only from them but from their mother!

Briley is one of the brightest two year olds I have ever met, do not get me wrong, and do not let her fool you, she is a diva. But to be only two years old, she is amazingly smart, she has taught me so much in the short time I have known her. Not stuff that you can learn in school either, things about life and love.

I love Briley as if she was my own daughter, and I like to think that she loves me quite a bit too(I don't know if that's true, but I like to think it). I never thought I would be a step-mother, only a mother. And the truth is, there isn't much difference, only it's a lot harder to become a step-mother. I was lucky enough to meet Jonathan, who also brought Briley into my life. I honestly don't know what I would do without her, she is a precious little girl!

I was also lucky enough to be able to get along with Briley's mother, Blaire. I know, I know, most people say "You don't have to get along with them, you don't even have to speak to them." But I can tell you from my own experience it's so much easier when you do speak and when you do get along. No, me and Blaire have not always gotten along, heck at one point I'm pretty sure we despised each other. But that's all the past and I am glad we do get along, not only for the sake of Briley, but for our own sanity.

I guess the point of this is to say, if you have step-children, love them like their your own. You're lucky to have them in your life, and they love you unconditionally. You owe that to them.

              I absolutely adore you Briley Madeline!

No comments:

Post a Comment